11 October 2013

Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013

Hello!~ ヽ(;▽;)ノ
It's been a minute since I made a post; been busy with AWA and commissions. As a small announcement, I will also be participating in an art show from our local gallery.


2nd Annual Pin Up Art Show
16th November - 1 December, 2013
160 Tracy Street, Unit 4
Athens, GA 30601 USA
706.208.1613

I had also participated in last year's pin up art show, and though I was in Decatur at the time, I heard it was a great success, so don't forget to stop by for those living in Athens~
In addition, if you do live in Athens ATHICA is looking for a few more local artists, so if you would like in or want more info, be sure to contact them at info@athica.org. 

ANYWAYS! I've been at a limbo about going to AWA or not because group ticketing kept falling through. In the end, I didn't get a ticket at all, and just participated in the fashion show.
I was selected to model in Putumayo, and so were about 13 more people. Out of everyone in my local lolita community, there was also Miss Kapu and Colleen (at least, who I could recognize. You'd be surprised how many people I zoom by because I am TERRIBLE with faces, especially new ones OTL)


 
Friday was a dress rehearsal. I really REALLY like the skirt, but it looked so weird with my giant petticoat. Eventually, we opted for a smaller black one they had with them.




And Kapu and I proceeded to derp around for a couple of hours. 

Saturday, I wore Sailor Lolita. I have been eying this dress from Metamorphose for a WHILE, and it just so happened that Green Tea had this OP. So she pretty much dressed me up and I wore the outfit for Saturday. Unfortunately, while I was waiting on some friends, I had a panic attack and left after a few hours.It took me almost a week to figure it out, but I HAVE to point this out (mainly because not a lot of artists don't like this)-- don't interrupt, and don't hover when people are drawing. It ain't cool.

Saturday was the fashion show~ We got ourselves dressed up, practiced our walks and while I was getting makeup done, Kapu was practicing/teaching Aoki Misako's "Maeptsu Himeka" dance to the other models. 



 One of the local girls recorded part of my walk...


And the dance that was performed after the fashion show~~


I did have fun through the fashion show, but ended up going home afterwards. Ah well, maybe next time. ; 3;


Other outfits I wore before AWA is just a simple something I wore to hang out with my sisters to celebrate their birthdays (actually one of them's was in August 28th and the other was Sept 28th, but I was going to be in Atlanta for the Putumayo fashion show, so I treated them both to lunch) and an outfit I wore to hang around with my grandmother, brother and uncle while taking pics of Dragon*Con cosplayers. In the picture here, I'm with the wonderful Dani and Malice~~~



And thus ends (most of--) my adventures in lolita fashion. I have a lot to work on with myself so I'm taking a break with lolita until further notice. I might continue modeling for fashion shows since I do enjoy that a lot, and there is an old school lolita meet in March I believe that I wanna try out, but other than that, I'm kinda getting back into that punk stage. We'll see how this works out. 


Until then, gotta fly, small fry! (●⌒∇⌒●)




No comments: