12 January 2014

Wonder Cookie

Heyou!~ (*⌒▽⌒*)θ~♪


It's been a crazy stressful previous year, in a sense. But crossing fingers that the this year will bring something better. ლ(´﹏`ლ)
In the meantime, I haven't been all that active just about anywhere. Part of that was because a local lolita Chelsea/cherichan commissioned a piece of her and her best friend, Brittany/wunderfluff, in Angelic Pretty's Wonder Cookie. It was gonna be a surprise, but I guess she spilled the beans early, hahaa~
This was one of the easier AP prints I have done so far, but sometimes I have to wonder about AP's colour combos. The white colourway has pink, blue and... green. Not like a minty green, but like... an emerald green. Despite that, the print was a lot of fun to draw, along with the details like the lace on the bust area. More under the cut; it's pretty pic heavy~




First off, the girls, because OMG they are always so sweet and fashionable!~

So from there, Chelsea and I have been going back and forth on the process pictures. At first I had sketched it out, but because I was having issues on what to do with Brittany's hair, I kinda held off on it for a bit. Chelsea specifically said she wanted them both to have crazy hair, hahaa~



In the end, I went with a giant bow made of her hair


As I worked on this, I started to realize just how limited you are with Crayola coloured pencils especially. The BG was supposed to be based on the colours used in the pink colourway, but a lot of the pink looked like it meshed a little too close.
I also completely forgot that Brittany's hair is more of a dirty blonde, and forgot to add the tan first orz


And then I did the thing (and killed the titans) and added hearts in their eyes


I ended up showing this to Chelsea, saying Brittany was gonna be a pink alien from now on, hahaa~
Then the skin was pretty much finished. All that's left is the dress!



The dress design was a lot of fun to draw! A lot of letters, tea cups and card symbols, all in cookie form! Despite the mix up with the green/blue colour schemes, I actually really liked how it came out (especially in the black colourway hrrnngghhh~~)



Aaaaaaaaand finished!~

(honestly, I liked the picture in person; a lot of the details and smoothness was lost when scanned)


That's about all for now, got some new stuff to work on. 。(⌒∇⌒。)

No comments: