22 March 2015

Love, In All Its Many Forms

Hi there!~ (๑・ω-)~♥”
It's been a long time since my last blog post, I apologize for that. I figured I would be somewhat productive before a meeting I'm attending and update this blog with the post I've promised to a few people.

This year, I've actually re-coloured a few of my older pieces and now I like them again, thank goodness! So one picture I originally did for zozxox's zine "Too Kawaii to Die" (celebrating the art that introduces cute to all things creepy, sad, strange and dumb) was revamped.


How does that saying go...? Out with the old, in with the new?

At the time, a new art shop opened in downtown Athens, called the Kristen Ashley Artist Shop (if you're from Athens and not aware, they sell art supplies, hold classes, do printing services and even has a separate room where you can take photos of your art for print!) and the staff hosted an art show called Love: In All it's Many Forms to celebrate Valentine's Day.We were requested to write what your definition of love was, so I wrote--

"Before you can love others, you need to master the art of loving yourself. It may seem harsh, but one of the biggest steps involves cutting out the negative people in your life. Love radiates best from positive experiences in your life"

About three weeks after the art show, the girl I was dating at the time and I broke up, and I learned at least one thing about myself; I'm not a huge fan of people, but when it's someone I care for, I'm definitely a people pleaser. I try my best to make other people happy, but at the expense, it damages me (not to say dating her didn't make me happy; it was quite the opposite! It's just the aftermath that I'm not really gonna get into). Compile that into work related mess, and I just... haven't been myself for the past few weeks.
Meanwhile! I took a few pictures from the art show, so I thought I'd compile them all to one post~

My bestie was busy at the time, so I ended up going by myself. Wore my old HS art club shirt to the show, because why not?

There was a post on their FB page that they were in the process of making buttons, so upon arriving at the shop, I was able to pick up a poster showcasing artists information and a button with my name on it, aaahhhhh~ ヾ(@† ▽ †@)ノ


In the workshop area, they also had a few things to snack on and drink, including this rad drink someone made (now I am inclined to make about a million of these, because this was my favourite vodka drink to date, hahaa~)
Don't make fun of my life choices, bruh!

And I took a couple of pictures of the other pieces from the show~ I wish they asked the artists what their website is so everyone else can see their works outside the show, but WOW there were some really nice pieces!






Everyone had some very interesting pieces from the show and interpreted love in their own way; one was orchestrated by my college Art Appreciation teacher, Miss Hope Hilton, and her students from the Double Helix STEAM Academy. One was done by a father and his two year old daughter. One mentioned in their piece that "if punk is not dead, then neither is love".


I also met one student from the STEAM Academy, who wants to draw comics but isn't very fond of colouring. It's no worries kid, I hated colouing when I was younger too. But no fear! It takes a ton of practice and eventually you'll find colours you'll love and techniques you'll perfect and you and colours will one day relax in a rocking chair and talk about how you used to side-eye them all those years ago.
So he requested I doodled an anime version of himself, hahaa~ Keep at it, and follow your dreams!




I had a TON of fun at the art show, and I hope to be able to attend many more~~ but in the meantime, have cons to prepare for, so from here I'll be taking my leave. Toodles! ❤︎⁄⁄꒰* ॢꈍ◡ꈍ ॢ꒱.*˚‧

No comments: